Re: SP Proposal - Part Deux

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SP Proposal - Part Deux
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:34:18 -0400
I think the SP proposal is a step in the right direction, but I think they
are still overlooking some cars.  I like the Japanese Turbocars in BSP, but
why did the MR2T get left in ASP?  And the MR2SC in ASP is a joke.  Some
folks probably think that a small, light, supercharged car has some huge
potential, but since SP doesn't allow you to raise boost you can't make much
more power over stock.  Perhaps they're afraid that it would be an overdog
in CSP, and it doesn't fit well with the big BSP cars, so stick it in ASP?
I personally don't think it would be an overdog against the CSP Hondas, but
I do think it would be competitive.  The Porsche 944's in ASP also seems
silly to me -- they would fit better in BSP, both the Turbo and NA versions.
These are just a few of the cars that still seem misclassed to me.

I seem to remember the initial proposal last year having the MR2T in BSP,
the MR2SC in CSP, the 944's in BSP, etc.  Why did they take a step backwards
from the initial proposal?

Can I send my feedback to the board via e-mail, or do I have to write a
letter?

Brad Burns