Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:06:29 -0800
My own car, which would benefit from downpipes et al. for power, will NOT
show an increase in boost from the reduction in back pressure.  Mine's
mechanically limited by the pressure seen at the compressor outlet
(vacuum/pressure line to the boost control sensor, which in turn is a
mechanical, not electronic, device, as to boost levels).

It competes (if that's what the kids are calling it now) in ESP, and at
least here I'm not aware that ANY turbocars are dominating (or even doing
well) in this class.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA