Re: street tires (I am SO sorry!)

To: "Phil Esra" <pesra@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: street tires (I am SO sorry!)
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:38:23 -0800
Phil, your experience reported below supports what it was my instinct in
this area, based on my own experience with autocrossing street tires and the
posts I've seen about "my Kumhos are corded after only xx runs -- now what
do I do?".

Lacking experience with R tires, I could only make my case from what I could
deduce from the above.  Your post is some level of proof that there is more
to the cost equation than the comparison of one set of the most expensive
street tires with the least expensive R tires.

My own 16x7 ZR Pirelli P6000s, which I bought USED with less than half
tread, lasted me 6 months of vigorous street use with 230 hp in a 3000 pound
car and several autocrosses (including practices) as well.

My own 2 cents.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA