RE: New car classifications

To: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Subject: RE: New car classifications
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:05:02 -0500

Your class with SFC is CP. If you leave them at home, than you will have an
ESP car. So, the choice is between competitive ESP car and non-competitive
CP car (unless you decide to go crazy).

Have fun

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP

Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com> on 03/17/99 01:46:44 PM

Please respond to Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>

To:   "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
cc:   "'Gemery@aol.com'" <Gemery@aol.com> (bcc: Fedja Jeleskovic/PicTel)

<<There is a class for your vehicle >>

Since I am about to put subframe connectors on my Cobra (as preventative
maintenance), what SCCA class will it fall into?  With the other mods being
springs, shocks and caster/camber plates as well a few minor engine tweaks
it seems like it should belong in ESP, but of course the subframe
connectors knock me out of there.  So where do I land?

While a points based system doesn't banish me for having a single mod that
some committee doesn't like (unless it's a safety issue), the bucket method
does just that.

      <<Both have their downsides and their upsides.>>

I've seen a few comments on this stating effectively the same thing.  That
both systems have good and bad, and neither one is really better.  My point
is, I think the point system IS BETTER, especially for grass roots level,
"run what ya brung" type competition.  I stated previously my reasons for
that belief, and I'm still waiting to hear what the good points of the
bucket (SCCA) system are, or conversely why the point system isn't as good
as I think it is.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)