Car number question

To: "team net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car number question
From: "Robert & Katherine Seamon" <forestg@ionet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:33:28 -0600
Upon signing my last post I thought of this question:
Should I use the number that I placed in Nationals last year as my car
number this year?
I've used #3 for like more than a year, but I don't want to step over some
unwritten "guideline" that says people who place 28th shouldn't have a low
number on their car because the person who really placed 3rd may want the
number.

Of course this really only applies to Regional and to National events and
from past experience the numbering was pretty much first come, first served.

I ask because I was watching the Daytona 200 motorcycle race, and I've read
that those pros can get real cranky about numbers and stuff.  Besides the
fact that they award the numbers the next season based on final placement
from the season before.