Re: Racing Cadillacs!!!

To: "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racing Cadillacs!!!
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:42:54 -0600
>(LONDON-AP) -- CADILLAC, MAKER OF WORLD-CLASS -- RACE CARS?
>MAYBE SO.
>THE LUXURY CAR MAKER IS RETURNING TO THE LE MANS 24-HOUR RACE NEXT
>YEAR AFTER A 50-YEAR ABSENCE.
>CADILLAC SAYS ITS NORTHSTAR LE MANS PROTOTYPE WILL RUN IN THE JULY
>2000 RACE.  THE CAR IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT.
>THE LAST TIME CADILLAC RACED AT LE MANS WAS IN 1950.  IN FACT, THERE
>WERE TWO OF THEM THAT YEAR.  A COUPE DE VILLE FINISHED TENTH AND A
>CADDY WITH A CUSTOM-BUILT AERODYNAMIC BODY FINISHED ELEVENTH.
>(COPYRIGHT 1999 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)

My wife greeted this news with the comment that it would not be fair, since
Caddy drivers get that little piece of paper that says they own the road.  I
replied that I didn't think the French would recognize it, so it would be
OK.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/

"Let Steve McQueen take you for a drive in the country.  The country is
France.  The drive is at 200 MPH."