RE: Floor jacks for _low_ cars.

To: Talus9998 <Talus9998@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Floor jacks for _low_ cars.
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:03:53 -0500 (EST)
Ramps.

It's pretty hard to find that floorjack that is truly low enough, assuming you
are not willing to spend 4 figures for some slick one-pump NASCAR model.

So I made ramps. Just got some 1x6 and sawed it off in decreasing lengths,
made a pair of ramps about 3 feet long. That 1" board is small enough it is
easy to just push my car up the steps (4 steps on mine). I nailed a block
of 2x4 across the back end to act as a bumpstop. Get pine, it's light.

If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river. Or vice versa in this case.

Oh, check your board length against your tire, being sure the top step is long
enough for your tire to sit on it comfortably (not close to the front edge).
The steps up do not need to have that much surface. So the top step, while
the shortest board, has the longest exposed surface on it.

--Rocky

>From Rocky Entriken, Salina, Ks.             Ikke sa Hurtig Racing
     R.Entriken@mcimail.com                  #4 DP Spitfire  [Old Fartz #001]
     Phone: 785-827-5143                     Freelance Motorsports Journalist
     FAX:   785-823-0213                 <If I said that, I misquoted myself>
|| "Solo Stats", the archive of the Solo II Nationals, now updated to 1998 ||
||          Yours for $40 shipped, including Your Personal Record          ||
~~~~~~~ also selling Formula V Traction Treatment, $38/gallon shipped ~~~~~~~