Re: Lotus Europa ?'s

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus Europa ?'s
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:49:26 -0600
From: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>

Start with http://www.olympus.net/personal/markh/lotus.htm

>or perhaps one definitive "must-have" book
>about the Europas?

I have:
Lotus Europa Gold Portfolio from Brooklands Books
The Lotua Europa Derivatives and Contemoraries by Robinshaw and Francis
Illustrated Lotus Buyer's Guide by Graham Arnold.

I think all are available at Classic Motorbooks.  I don't think any of them
are really definative.  All have a few mistakes in them.

You ought to join Lotus LTD, the national USA club.  There are back-issue
reprints of their Lotus reMarque newsletter which will be invaluable.  They
have packaged a europa handbook of sorts.  Membership is twenty bucks.

phone 301 982-4054
Lotus Ltd.
P.O Box L
College Park MD 20741
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/

Get on the lotus-cars mailing list:
would like to receive the list.  In any case, you print the command in the
BODY of the message.  To receive the list
in digest form, it would look like:
subscribe
or
subscribe <your-email-address>
To receive the list in the reflecting/one-message-at-a-time form, it
would look like:
subsingle
or
subsingle <your-email-address>

or go to
http://www.best.com/~esprit/MailingList/index.html

==========

>How about mods for them?  What is commonly done to them in their respective
>SP,

Flares, 8" wide wheels (I don't have this), DCOE carb and header (I have
this).

Can't begin to tell you, but I think the wheel limit is 7" wide.

and

>Mod classes?

Gary Milligan made a really nice car with a Buick V6.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/