Re: A wheely stressful question.

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Steve Ostrovitz" <ostrovi@gateway.net>
Subject: Re: A wheely stressful question.
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:20:01 -0600
>>Are you serious?
>>If you have any wheels of "questionable integrity" you have a duty to
>>everyone else you run with to throw them out and never run them again,
>>unless you can verify their integrity.  Ever see a wheel come off a car?
Or
>>see a rim outer come flying off its center? Its dangerous enough working a
>>course as it is. Toss'em.

>Paint "BAD" on them and use them to hold up the car in the garage for
winter
>storage.  I have four genuine magnesium JAP Magna wheels on my Lotus right
>now.  They are only for garage use.  They have cracks.
================================
Let me clarify a little bit here.  I got offered a set of wheels for a
really cheap price but the owner said that they had been worked on by a
machinist who drilled too deep and had to reweld them with aluminum alloy to
bring them back into proper size specs.

I do not have these wheels and this guy has been trying to dump them for
quite a while and the price finally dropped low enough to raise my eyebrows.
So, I thought I'd toss out the question and find out everyones opinion on
the subject before I actually bought them.

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the bargain wheels.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

You jump in front of my car  When you know all the time
That 90 miles an hour  Girl  Is the speed I drive
You tell me it's all right  You don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a drive
"Crosstown Traffic"  as recorded by Jimi Hendrix