Re: A wheely stressful question.

To: "Steve Ostrovitz" <ostrovi@gateway.net>,
Subject: Re: A wheely stressful question.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:41:06 -0600
From: Steve Ostrovitz <ostrovi@gateway.net>

>Are you serious?
>If you have any wheels of "questionable integrity" you have a duty to
>everyone else you run with to throw them out and never run them again,
>unless you can verify their integrity.  Ever see a wheel come off a car? Or
>see a rim outer come flying off its center? Its dangerous enough working a
>course as it is. Toss'em.

As someone who once pulled the centers out of two stock SAAB steel wheels at
one local event, I can speak to the fact that it's no picnic from the inside
of the car either.

Paint "BAD" on them and use them to hold up the car in the garage for winter
storage.  I have four genuine magnesium JAP Magna wheels on my Lotus right
now.  They are only for garage use.  They have cracks.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/