Re: Fast first run

To: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Fast first run
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 07:54:26 -0800
Mike, I have heard from some that this often represents a stage of
driver development. I know I went thru this a few years ago where my
first run was my fastest and subsequent runs were slower.

For me, it meant I was overdriving the course on subsequent runs. I
still do this (the sound you now hear is all the San Diego people doing
a group "Duh!"..8-)....but not as much. My first run is often very close
to my last run...normally within a second.

So..I am working on driving the line I intend on driving by looking
ahead. Going slower to go faster.

For me, it also represents that I drive a course well without
memorization. I still can not memorize a course by walking it. Have
tried, but my distractability means I don't focus on it. I have to just
look at the course I am approaching. I am sure that memorization is
better, but I can't do it. 8-/ Maybe the phase II MaKamey will help
that???

I think I would do better if the rules were changed to not allow walking
the course and those of us who are ADD will have an equal start. 8)

Randy Chase