Re: Course designs and looking ahead

To: <Rm84fm@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Course designs and looking ahead
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:16:44 -0500
RE: your comment about the second day.  Phase II school?
Reminded me of a contradiction in my own experience to my other
post threatening to protest the memorizes:)
In 86 at the NCCC Convention at Sebring, my group ran the high
speed in the morning and I spun a rod bearing due to oil
starvation in a very long sweeper coming onto the front straight.
We were scheduled to run the low speed in the afternoon in the
parking lot on the other side of the track.
While I pulled the pan down to see how bad it was, a friend went
to a parts store and bought some rod bearings.  I managed to
emory cloth the crank journal and throw fresh bearings in just
before time to run, but the course was over the crest of a hill
and you couldn't see the course from the parking area and I had
missed the course walk time.  Gannon Bryant drew the course in
the dirt for me and I recall poking around the course in third
gear to keep the revs down to 2000 and being FORCED to look way
ahead.  Held fastest time thru midway thru the third runs when
two C4's beat me.  This was when GreenDot was running in  Stock
class.

HMMM.....   I could save a lot of energy at Nationals

'DOT