RE: Oil change before or after Autox? (newbie)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil change before or after Autox? (newbie)
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:36:27 -0800 (PST)

---"Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com> wrote:

>       Ive always felt an appreciable difference in power output after an
> oil change.

I thought it was in my head, but I know what you mean.  One Extreme
example of this is my Mom's '84 Rabbit GTi Convertible.  The oil in
that car was almost three YEARS old before it was changed.  "It only
had a few miles on it." was what my mom told me. She forgot to tell me
that it was stored for almost two years before she got it out of the
garage to drive it this past summer.
After driving it for about two thousand miles, I noticed it was idling
strangely.  I asked her when the last oil change was, and she told me
"February...[long pause]...1996."
I took the pan off the car, to completely clean it out.  Good thing
too...looked like roofing tar...and was about as thick too.
Once I put the new oil in, it ran like a new car...more power, better
acceleration, everything about the car was better.  I've never seen
such an improvement from an oil change.  My 0-60 time improved by .6
seconds...just from an oil change.  wow.

Buddy.