Re: Mustang vs Camaro

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Mustang vs Camaro
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:22:18 -0500

>I'll make a guess that it was for the greater good of the class.  Right
now
>you can be competitive for $7-11K (used 88-95 Camaro?).  The SS version
has
>more HP, stiffer springs, 17 in wheels (although it's been argued the 16's
>are actually better), sway bars(?), etc.  If you put the new IRS Mustang
>and SS Camaro in FS, most people will shy away from the class since the
>perception will be you need a $25k+ car to win.  As someone with HP/RWD
>envy, I'd like to jump in that relatively cheap pond next year, but not if
>it becomes a country club pool.  (where did THAT analogy come from?)  <g>

Well, I was told that 1LE Camaro is actually better then SS camaro in stock
form. You do have more power from SS, but 1LE guys can use it much better
(put more down)! So, in this case you don't have to go all the way up there
an buy the most expensive model in order to be competitive in FS.

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP