Uneven wear and rotation...

To: AutoX <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Uneven wear and rotation...
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:04:24 -0600
If you've severely abused a set of tires by autox'ing on them
such that you've nearly balded the outside of the fronts,
is it wise to flip the tires such that the worn down edges are
inside?  That will give me longer tire life, but will it greatly
reduce traction since it'll be even less likely that the inside
tread will be on the pavement?  Or will the tire deform compensating
for the angled tread?  (I have an autox on Sunday and McKamey
school in a couple weeks.)

Should I flip the tires?

Thanks,

Brian

P.S.  I'll also put the wheels on opposite sides of the car such
that the tires continue to rotate the same direction.