[BOUNCE autox@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Steve Coutu

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE autox@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:26:10 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:58:07 -0800 (PST)
     From: Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>
     Subject: Intro and Questions

Greetings fellow Team.Net-ers!

I have been a digest-mode list lurker for about a year now.  Since
this is my first post to the list I probably should take some time and
introduce myself.

My name is Steve Couture (last name rhymes with "future" unless your
name is Jim Crider then you can say it however you want :).  I'm a
relative newbie to the wonderful world of autocrossing, although I've
been an automobile enthusiast since before I could walk (Mom says my
first word was "truck", personally I don't remember...).  My
introduction to the sport was the Detroit Region Autocross School in
May of last year.  Well, that hooked me in a major way and I ended up
attending 22 events last year put on by the Detroit Region SCCA, the
Detroit Council of Sports Car Clubs, and the last two events of the
South Bend region SCCA as well.

This season I want to increase my involvment beyond regional events
(although I'll attend quite a few of them) and plan to hit most of the
CenDiv events, a ProSolo or two, and hopefully "The Big One" in Topeka
this September.

Anyways, I have some ProSolo questions that hopefully someone can
answer.  I definately need to get a ProSolo rule book, but until then,
humor me. :)

How exactly does a ProSolo work?  Please, correct me where I go wrong.
 My understanding is that competitors take a number (4?) runs per side
of the mirrored course with the combined total of an individual's best
runs (one from each side) being their time.  Best time in class wins
the class and all class winners advance to The Challenge Round.  How
are these runs timed?  Does the timer start when the light turns green
or when you cross a beam to trigger the timer like in a "normal" Solo2
event?

I don't understand how the Challenge round works beyond it being a
elimination process that determines the overall winner of the event.
What is done to balance the performance advantages/disadvantages of
the competing vehicles from the different classes to make the
elimination process fair?  Delayed lights like bracket drag racing?
Indexed times?  Score equated to percent improvement over class
winning runs?

Do competitors in Club class... err... I mean "the class formerly
known as Club class" need to conform to the ProSolo dress code (bunny
suits?) and vehicle graphics packages?  What are the graphics
requirements for club level ProSolo?

How many ProSolos does one have to attend to qualify for entry in the
ProSolo championship in Topeka?

And on a slightly different topic, what is this Neon Super Solo thing
I see listed as a DaimlerChrysler supported Neon Racing event in
SportsCar?  Do you have to qualify to enter, is it by invite only, or
just show up?  I think I'd have a pretty good shot of finishing in the
money... provided 40 or fewer people show up!

Thanks!

--
Steve Couture
98 Neon ACR (gun? knife? fly swatter?)