Re: Braking technique

To: richj50@bit-net.com
Subject: Re: Braking technique
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:26:36 -0600
richj50@bit-net.com wrote:

> Assuming that you are driving an ABS equipped car on course in a straight
> line at 50mph or so approaching a very tight hairpin, what is the best
> braking technique to slow the car down before entering the corner: (1) Hit
> the brake pedal as hard as you can thereby engaging the ABS and causing
> your tires to emit little puffs of smoke as they skid 1 foot at a time
> between ABS pulses,

Do some ABS cars really do this?  I, being unincumbered by the modern
miracles of electro-mechanical assisted braking, assumed that the brake
modulation was a tad more discreet than this.  I'm thinking that you
could probably do a better job of it yourself if in fact you are getting
little 1 foot skid marks.  Otherwise, them factory electrons move pretty
fast!
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese