Rollbars and Weiners

To: nw_autox-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Rollbars and Weiners
From: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:30:40 -0800 (PST)
Okay, So I've been deleting Weenie Protest related posts like a madman for
the past day and a half.  But, all of this weiner talk has frightened me,
a seasoned (half-baked) competitor.  (NW list folks trust me that
Team.net has been flushing itself with this topic lately)

I've got this roll bar that I'm going to install in my Miata.  Is it
legal?  I'll have to drill a few holes in the car to install it.  Though
not that many as a few of the mounting points mount at factory supplied
holes/bolt points.

It's a 4 point bar and is Solo 1 legal (the reason I bought it).  My
understanding is that it's legal.  At least they were a couple years ago
when a buddy and I installed the same kind of bar in his car.

Am I setting myself up for protest?  What if I put an "Oscar Meyer"
sticker on the bar?

Bret Dodson
'96 Miata R soon to go under the knife for Hard Dog install
Seattle, WA (not raining right now!)