Re: Re[2]: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers

To: <scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:29:56 -0600
Scott Phelps wrote:

>     As relatively new autocrosser myself, this weenie image has
been
>     transmitted to me as well.  I have been discouraged at the
contents of
>     autox.net many times.  If it's not the way it is in
reality, why is
>     there so much bandwith wasted on it?

Team.net is a "free speech" forum. What people choose to talk
about is often strange, but it's their choice. I like it that
way, even though I don't take an interest in every subject being
discussed.

>   Surely, we all must have more
>     imprtant things to discuss about Auto-x than brake bleed
screws or r/v
>     mirrors.

Check the archives. I believe you'll see pretty quickly that a
very wide variety of subjects, with varying degrees of
seriousness and relevance, are discussed in any given time
period.

>   How about things that matter?  I would much rather hear
>     about setup tips, driving techniques, pros/cons to
products,
>     schedules, and experiences, without having to wade through
the
>     seemingly endless posts about stupid protests.

There's always the "Delete" key. Works for me.

>  I think a way to
>     encourage more autocrossers to partake in the fun would be
to limit
>     discussions which cast a negative aura over the sport.

Ahem, you mean "spin control?" I'll pass on that. I imagine most
of the other netters will do likewise, but you'll have to ask
them. ;<)

In any case, what's wrong with an aura having negative polarity?
You got something against electrons? ==8<0

Team.net is NOT autox, it's just a place where people communicate
about (more or less) autox-related subjects. Usually when they
should be working.

Jay