Tow Q's: V6Nissan/V8Ford

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Q's: V6Nissan/V8Ford
From: Oasis3223@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:53:00 EST
I have a Nissan extended Cab  6 cyl truck,  160 HP,  with which I usually tow
my 300lb car/trailer. No problems, tows fine.
But... everyone say... you cant tow that uch with that 'little truck"  (they
are big truck people).  I argue that I have mnore power with my lighter Nissan
6cyl than my 91 Ford Super Cab  with  a 302..... both "feel " about the same
towing.
Which is the better tow vehicle?  The Nissan has 180K on it, runs like new,
the Ford 86 K, runs like new.
Am I OK to tow with the little Nissan?  Or should I use the gas guzzling 302
super cab?
Bob