Re: Surge tanks and motor mounts, why not?

To: Doug Chase <dougcha@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Surge tanks and motor mounts, why not?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:27:53 -0500
Doug Chase wrote:
> A surge tank is not a device for enhancing performance, it is a device
> designed to eliminate losing performance.  There is a difference.

There is?  I don't see the difference.  Performance is relative.
A car with a surge tank (if it's a car that needs one) goes faster if it
has a surge tank than if it doesn't.  It's lighter and it gets more
consistent fuel delivery.  Right?

Note -- I'm not commenting on whether or not they should be legal, just
trying to understand Doug's point.  Personally, I think they should be
legal, but not because they don't enhance performance!

Mark