Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:21:07 -0700
Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> >We've read that Castrol LMA is cheap and good, and you can get Ford HD
> >anywhere in the U.S., but I've just read about Castrol SRF on their web
> site
> >(http://www.castrol.com/)  and it sounds like the best thing to happen to
> >brakes since the disc.  What's the down side?
> ===============
> How about $75/liter??  Is that down enough for you?  BTW, the Castrol LMA is
> $2.50/pint at my local Parts America store and the Ford stuff is $6/pint
> from a local dealership.

        But sometimes you get what you pay for. I've boiled away the Castrol
LMA stuff before, so I'm rather biased against it. I like Motul 600, but
that's a personal preference. Preferably in both blue and yellow. I have
in the past alternated colors when flushing the brakes so I know when
I've removed all of the old stuff. But I've been told the blue stuff is NLA.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/