Reclassifying 83-87 Prelude

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Reclassifying 83-87 Prelude
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:16:13 -0500 (EST)
What does everyone think about a reclassification of the 1.8L 83-87 Honda
Prelude DX (about 100-105hp) from ES to HS?  It seems to me that the
classes have evolved to the point where the old Prelude fits in much
better with the Toyota Celica ST and the 86-89 Integra (similar weight
cars with similar HP and torque) than it does with far lighter but
comparably powered 1st gen. CRX Si's or Civic Si's or similarly weighted
but more powerful 1.8L late-model Integras.

I happen to have an 87 Prelude DX with lots of miles that I'd love an
excuse to fix up and rebuild as a part time autox car, but if the car's
going to be in ES, it's a waste of effort.

Thoughts?

Rich Johnston
#177 ESP