re: Kumho 225/50-14?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Kumho 225/50-14?
From: "Howard, Brent" <Brent.Howard@searbrown.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:04:00 -0500
     Hope this wasn't covered already, but I got a little behind on the
     digests and just skimmed through most of them, but this subject caught
     my eye.

     I saw the conflicting reports as to whether or not the 225/50-14's
     will be built, but let's assume that they will be this year... Do any
     Neonites have any idea if they will fit on our cars?  I ran Kumho
     205's all around the last half of last year, and noticed that they are
     wider than the old BFG R1's of the same size (a stack of 4 is maybe
     2-3 inches taller - so say .5" wider per tire).  If the 225 Kumho is
     that much wider than the old 225 BFG, will it fit on the stock legal
     wheels without rubbing anything?  I've never had the opportunity to
     run 225 R1's, so I don't know how much clearance exists with that
     setup.

     Any guesses?

     TIA,
     Brent