Re: Image Awareness

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>,
Subject: Re: Image Awareness
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:17:51 -0800
Everyone on this List, male and female, has better autoxing skills than I.
So I say, simply as an American male, that women autoxers deserve better
than "separate but equal".

My earlier proposal was that men and women should compete equally for
overall finish and place, and special categories deserving of encouragement
-- women, for example -- be given special awards.  This is as was/is done
by an international sporting event that I helped found, that went pro, and
is now the international leader in competitive handgunning.

This wouldn't change anyone's awards -- Ladies awards would be just as they
are now -- it would simply add the possibility that women would place
higher and higher overall, and ultimately win it all.

Just my egalitarian bent.  Been married too long, I guess.  Did just send
her a Valentine's bouquet -- at work (the ladies will know how important it
is for the flowers to arrive at work).

Richard Nichols
San Diego, CA  USA
rnichol1@san.rr.com