Re: Had fun in CM!

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: Had fun in CM!
From: tyson@irobot.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:32:11 -0400
Mark Sirota wrote:
> --On Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:37 PM -0400 tyson@irobot.com wrote:
>
>> Now that I have a car with a working reverse, I do use it frequently (and
>> that is part of my motivation for putting the mirrors back on the car).
>> But if it wasn't working and wasn't required I don't think I'd put much
>> effort into getting it working.
>

> Even after you'd read the rulebook?

Please note the "...and wasn't required..." part of that statement.

I care very much about being legal.  I even cut an inch off of Chuck's
beautiful stainless hightec exhaust after reading the rule book. ;-)

Also, it takes a lot of time and effort to read the rule book and learn
all the places that the car you just bought might not be legal.  Its not
so hard to consider a change and consult the rule book to see if it is
legal.  Proving (even to yourself) that an existing car with an unknown
history is legal is very difficult for someone who isn't familair with
the full GCR.

--
Tyson D Sawyer                             iRobot Corporation
Senior Systems Engineer                    Military Systems Division