Re: speedo and overdrive calibration

To: "Ohan ." <yvrcanada@hotmail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speedo and overdrive calibration
From: "Ross" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:33:05 -0700
Ohan,

I believe the correct number for the O/D transmission is 1504 not 1020.
Good luck finding one.
Also, the rearend ratio on the standard transmission is 3.89:1 the ratio on
an overdrive rearend is 4.11:1.

I find with the 195 60 13 tires on my car the speedo is exactly 5% low.  So
when I am indicating 60 mph I am actually going 62.3 mph.

Here is an idea.  I was told some speedo shops can do calibation to your
particular setup by adding a device at the transmission that can be
calibrated.
Just do a search for speedometer calibration in the phone book.

Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse AKA "Ross"