Race Trophies on E-bay

To: Steve Alcala <stevenalcala@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Race Trophies on E-bay
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:00:31 -0500
I wonder who's Trophies these were that were listed on E-bay?  The one
that is engraved with "Governors Cup Races, Marlboro,  The General Jack
Fowler award, Best performance by a Sunbeam" make me think these all
came out of the estate of Al Costners.    I have a photo of Al winning
a National Race at Marlboro in April of 1965.  Of course, there were a
couple of races throughout the year at Marlboro but I am pretty sure
the "Govenors Cup races" were the April races.

It would seem they could be Al's... if you notice the early Trophies
are from the east coast... Al lived in New Jersey.    Then he moved to
the mid-west in the late 60's.   Whoever it was did pretty well if they
were still running an Alpine in 1970.   Notice the 1st place at
Mid-Ohio and the 2nd place at Blackhawk farm.

I had an Alfa friend call me just before they ended thinking they could
be Don Sesslar's trophies (these were all lost when they closed down
Sports Car Forum)

AUTO RACING SILVER TROPHY PAUL REVERE BOWL      Item number: 6158629076
(Mid-Ohio, Nationals, 1970, 1st, FP)

SHERIDAN SILVER RACING TROPHY SCCA SPORTS CAR CLUB      Item number:
6158626481  (Blackhawk Valley, National, 1970, 2nd place)

SPORTS CAR CLUB SCCA SILVER BOWL TROPHY 1965!   Item number: 6158624120
(Thompson Regional races 1965, 2nd place)

  SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA SCCA POOLE SILVER TROPHY   Item number:
6158615571  (Governor's Cup - best performance by a Sunbeam, Marlboro,
1965)

SPORTS CAR CLUB SCCA POOLE SILVER TROPHY!       Item number: 6158608084
(Bryar National 1st place 1965, S.O.C. Hillclimb Champion, 1963, Duryea
Hillclimb, 2nd in class, 1963)

Steve Silverstein

Check out the new British Cars Forum: