Re: Clutch/Tranny saga continues

To: "Jan Servaites" <jservaites@woh.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Clutch/Tranny saga continues
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:05:22 -0700
Truer words were never spoken. However, you need to have someone in the car
depress the pedal while you watch for movement. if it still doesn't work,
you need to try and bleed the system, and if it still doesn't work, then you
need to rebuild it. Lastly, the fact that you rebuilt the master recently
means nothing. A while back, I had a master fail yet it didn't have the
obvious drainage, etc. A hydraulicsman at work to me to rebuild it. (I work
on aircraft) I responded that there was no reason to because the typical
symptoms of failure were not there other than that I couldn't bleed the
system. He insisted that I rebuild it, and at the cost, it was difficult to
argue. It fixed the problem, and I asked him why. He said that often the
seal is bad yet the air and fluid simply change places because the seal is
enough to hold them in place. Sounds like BS, but it fixed the system.