RE: gettin' warm

To: "robert taylor" <rtaylor456@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: gettin' warm
From: "Jarrid Gross" <jgross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:48:55 -0700
Robert,

#1 If you have a propper size fan one should do.  I have had luck with a single
14
inch shrouded fan. I would not put the fan in front as a "pusher", the fan will
move
more air through the core on the engine side with a propper shroud.  It could
also
pretty well from the front too with a propper shroud, but that reduces the
frontal
area of the radiator and would not cool as well at speed.

#2, Good Idea, the 1725 engine oil temp seems to run much hotter and is critical
to keeping the engine cool.  The stock SV oil cooler does not do a very good
job
of cooling since the area of the fins is not very high.  I reccommend using an
MG
13 row cooler, these work well, and I think the fittings are the same as the
1725.

#3 Huh?
Never seen a 120 or 130.
160 to 180 should be fine year round for a fair weather car.
Remember that the temp rating on a thermostat is the temperature that it opens
as.  Assumming all thermostats open the same amount and ahve the same flow area,
a 160 degree thermo will not cool better than the 180 degree one if the temp
wont drop
below 200 when standing still.

Jarrid Gross