first real drive...

To: "alpine group" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: first real drive...
From: "Mike McMahon" <msmcmahon@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:14:36 -0800
Hello Gang...

Before I get into my next question for ya'll, I want to give a big THANKS to
those of you who have helped me with previous problems. I drove the Alpine to
work today and had the first of hopefully, many, many, many wonderful drives.
My new commute to work has a 15 mile canyon road alternate...just like you see
in the movies.
Today, I experienced driving an Alpine!...still grinning ear to ear...there's
still some rough spots but i can now see the jewel hiding beneath.

recent S1 things I have discovered or fixed...
-latest fix was a complete tear-down and re-build of the cooling
system...during the whole drive today, including a bit of stop-and-go on the
drive home, the temp hovered right around 170'...nice!
-tightening bolts along the bottom of the motor might actually stop leaks
-ground wires are nasty, finicky things and extremely important especially at
the battery.
-it's probably a good idea to check to see if the wires are crossed prior to
buying a temp guage on e-bay (anybody need one in good shape?)

Now, a quick question...
What should my oil pressure range be?...(original motor, not sure what, if
any, work has been done to it)

Thanks again,
Mike
S1