Re: Vintage Racing

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:25:30 EST
Rob,
       Before you get carried away and spend good money after bad money,
check with your local Vintage Racing organization (or the one in charge where
you would race) and get a copy of their rules.  Requirements are not the same
from Club to Club.

       You may have an advantage with your Series 1 at least in my Club,
SOVREN, as it qualifies as an "under 1500cc" car.  If you convert it to a V6
or a Rotary engine, flair the fenders, chop and channel, lengthen the
wheelbase ... it will never race in any Club I know of.  I read ahead on the
list and Gary Strom's answers are spot on.

       Consider taking a driver's school before jumping into your project.
Wheel to wheel road racing is very intense and it requires a tremendous
amount of concentration.  I know several people that were quite surprised to
discover they "really didn't want to go racing after all" after taking a
driver's school.  If you still want to go racing after the school, I think
you will find it is the most fun you have ever had with your clothes on!

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle
SCCA,  SOVREN,  and too many others...