Re: Heater drain tray

To: "Berghult, Bob" <bob.berghult@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Heater drain tray
From: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:52:47 -0500
Hi Bob,
I found a 'semi-sealed' battery for my car. It has a vent pipe coming
out of the top that I routed through the drain hole in the bottom of the
battery tray. The filler holes on the top have a sealed 'snap' cover
that can only be opened when the battery is removed from the car, and
they have no vent holes in them. Unfortunately I bought the battery in
Australia, and can't recall the name. The battery guy said they use it
on cars/boats where you don't want the fumes building up inside an
enclosed area. Hopefully this means no acid in the battery enclosure,
and no need for a tray!
Cheers,
Paul.