New To Sunbeams

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: New To Sunbeams
From: LeRoy Price <lep@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:50:31 -0400
Hi all,

Well, I happened to see a Sunbeam along the road today for sale and immediately
had a flashback to Maxwell Smart. Re-kindled some memories and I figured I'd
look on the net to see if there was any information on these and bingo here I
am.

I was wondering if someone knew how difficult parts are to come by for these?
Anything I should be on the lookout for when purchasing one?  What are the
price ranges for something nice? How do these cars perform? I know they aren't
speed demons but was wondering about the handling and get up and go type of
things.

Oh, the one I saw has wire wheels with knock offs, needs paint, top is OK,
needs interior work, rust under the driver side mat and since it was raining it
was wet on the drivers side next to the firewall.  Of course, the windows
didn't roll up close enough to the top so water was blowning in, it was a
shame.  Couldn't get a good look underneath but some rust was there not sure
how bad (maybe surface rust). Don't know if it runs.

I'm thinking that these in my area probably won't go for much but thats a
guess.  Can you find these in Eastern PA or New Jersey?

Any help would be appreciated.

LeRoy