Re: Driving with overdrive

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving with overdrive
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:47:04 -0400
Thanks for all the replies. The concencus is clearly to use the clutch.
That's too bad, since one of the joys of driving the Healey with
essentially the same overdrive is not having to use the clutch, and
still getting smooth shifts.

Jan Servaites emphasized using it only as fifth gear. I intend to use it
on both third and fourth gears, and have verified that the gearbox
safety switch is correctly adjusted to permit that. I have also wired an
overdrive warning light into the far left warning light hole to advise
me when the O/D circuit is powered. I have also tried downshifting from
fourth and O/D to third and O/D, and vice versa, and it is quite smooth,
as expected.

Again, thanks for the comments and advice.

John Slade
Manotick, ON