Argh-rebuilding

To: Alpine list members <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Argh-rebuilding
From: 110156.3206@compuserve.com
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:16:13 -0400
I've seen people advertising 1725 engines of varying condition at
the Sunbeamalpine.org web site and the prices are not high at all.
If your engine has serious damage, like a spun main bearing
(messes up the block where the bearing is clamped down), you
could do well by finding an engine with a good block or crank that
can be refurbished should yours be unusable.

Sure would be less of a pain than a conversion, and you'll have some
spare components when you're done.  My sentiments are that I like
to see old cars and boats that have been kept in or restored to their
original condition, or as close as possible.

Carl Wade
Williamson, New York State   USA    (near Lake Ontario)

B395000858 LRX