Re: [10 psi oil px drop]

To: "Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [10 psi oil px drop]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:20:09 -0400
How hot was it?  What grade of oil are you using??  I use 20W50 to insure good
oil pressure, 10W30 or 10W40 will cause low oil pressure when hot.

Rootes said oil pressure should be 30-50 psi at 50 MPH when hot.

Possibly the return valve at the base of the oil filter housing is bad?  Maybe
the valve in the oil filter??

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible
1973 Hillman Avenger DL
(not far from Ramsey, NJ in Flanders, NJ)

"Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com> wrote:
Howdy all,

I just renewed all the oil gaskets on the engine and have put 175 drip free
miles on the car this weekend.  On returning home, noticed the oil pressure
had dropped from 40 psi to 30 psi.  Checked level - full, no oil leaks, no
cloud of blue smoke. Any ideas?

All the best,
Vlad
a 1966 SV 395005683 OD all alone in