Series II upper fulcrum kits

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Series II upper fulcrum kits
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:51:22 EDT
My Series II left upper control arm bushings are shot.  These are the
steel/threaded type.  I replaced the right side about a year ago (after
buying Kurt's "last one").  I called S/S and find they too are out and "no
longer available".  He DID say they had tried a different/new source, but the
sizes weren't right.  I was then planing on scrounging for a good(?) used
control arm, but I thought I'd go through my "spares" box again and
wonderfully, I found a new kit.  Yippee!!  (I wonder how valuable this one
is?)

I'm all set here, but has anyone else tried to outsource these?  Has anyone
thought about or tried to cut down (and/or build up) the worn threads and fit
(real) rubber or urethane bushings?  Various size control arm bushings are
available (from Speedway Motors for at least one source).

Gary