B Pillar and Battery

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: B Pillar and Battery
From: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:22:25 +1000
Thanks for all the responses for the B Pillar question, especially from John
slade for the very good picture. I found a very shabby rubber grommet in the
left rear inner guard that I forgot was there when we were rebuilding the
inner Guards. I was curious how much corrosion was found in the rear inners
etc. We totally replaced the right inner some time ago and half the left.
Obviously Roots did not fit the drain tubes to the GT's, expecting the Hardtop
to remove the need for a drain in the pillar, except that the hartop corroded
and allowed water to enter the B pillar where it had a nice channel and hole
to allow the water to travel down to the inner guards/sill area.

As far as battries go, I have used the new gel sealed batteries from Odyssey
that seem to be used in a lot of competition cars over here. I fitted a
battery the size of a large motor cycle battery rated at 650ah to my working
Mitsubishi Van over 2 years ago with no problems, this van works 12-16 hours a
day with 3-400 stops per day(naturally I do not turn the engine off each time.
A friend fitted a larger Odyssey battery to his Tiger and finally has a
battery that spins the V8 quickly every time, that no other lead/acid battery
did. I also have an Odyssey fitted to my V and wonder what I can use the
execss space in the Battery box for? maybe a tool roll?

Regards,
Steve Graham