Re: SV Convertible Top

To: CANISDOG@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SV Convertible Top
From: RootesAlpine@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:29:46 EDT
The discussion has centered on replacing to canvas top and painting the bows.
 I have a question on adjusting the top mechanism to make the top fit the
side windows correctly.   On my Series V the top frame has a 3/4 inch gap at
the bottom from the door window.   I understand this was probably caused by
years of being folded down wrong and it is likely bent.   How does one
straigten this?   It is not clear to me what needs to be rebent which way.
Anyone made this correction?
Rob Carpenter