Re: SV Convertible Top

To: lmckenna@downeast.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SV Convertible Top
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:06:07 -0500
Larry,
Most of the Sunbeam Suppliers carry the "Robins" top.  These are as good a top
as you can get.  I have installed two now and I consider myself a "artistic
detail person", BUT THESE ARE A BITCH!!!
Plan on spending a couple days if not more in replacing one.  You will need to
"walk away" from the project a few times.
All the rubber you need is also available but purchased seperatly from the top.
 If you don't consider yourself one with the patience and flair to do it, I
would strongly recommend you find a good shop to put it on.
The next one I do, I won't do.  I'll take it in a make them guarantee me there
will be NO wrinkles in the corners when done.

This is also a good time to paint or powder coat the bows.  If detail is your
thing, this is the time to do it.  You will never want to take it out again.

Paul