Re: Air Compressor choice

To: "Chris Mottram" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Air Compressor choice
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:09:06 -0800
Chris,
When I went searching for a new compressor a few years ago I found the
"model of my dreams" at Harbor Freight. I also found out that Campbell
Hausfeld sells several different grades of compressors in the same
horsepower/tank range. As someone else stated, your selection is going to
depend on how much use you give it.

With any compressor, I would make sure it has a cast iron block and
cylinders, NOT aluminum block and cylinders. If you get one that is either
110 or 220, and you have the ability to wire it to 220, do that! It cuts
your amperage in half.

If your useage is going to amount to primarily 'home use', just about any
name brand is going to be fine. IF your going into competition with Earl
Sheib, get the best you can......

    Good luck,
            Carl