More clutch cyl questions..

To: Alpine list members <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: More clutch cyl questions..
From: 110156.3206@compuserve.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:48:41 -0500
I saved the message someone submitted about using wood dowel and
steel wool to clean up the Lockheed clutch cylinder bores.  But what I
wonder is how come a brake cylinder hone can't be used.  Isn't that what
a brake cylinder hone is intended for?  I notice my service manual just
says
to use 400 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper for that purpose.  Not sure I like
that.

Also, the rebuilt kit instructions mention "AP Lockheed Rubberlube" for
packing the rubber boot and sealing the beaded edge.  What other products
from common brand names are OK for this purpose?

Carl Wade