Re: [Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America]

To: jimdamelio@home.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America]
From: RootesAlpine@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:12:12 EST
jimdamelio@home.com writes:

<< Thanks for the kind words about TE/AE and the Luray event........ "Return
to Your Rootes" ...... even with all this outside advertising all the
attendees were TE/AE members except one >>

There would have been one more non TE/AE member in attendance at Lurray, and
perhaps more, if the events of Sept 11th had not taken place.  I had a
business trip to VA planned for the following week and had arranged to travel
early from Seattle, on Sept 13, to take in the TE/AE event.   As it was I
could not fly out until the 16th and missed out.   This event was clearly
advertized as an event for all.   This is, I think, the trend.

Thanks to Jim D'amelio and others in TE/AE for hosting the event.   People
outside the region will come if circumstances permit.

In that same spirit let me announce that next August Sunbeams Northwest will
be in southwest Washington State, just north of Portland, OR, and will
feature a ralley to the Washington Pacific coast and/or to the exploded
volcano Mt. St. Helens.    So if you are travelling out this way join in.

Rob Carpenter
Seattle