Re: BUILD SHEET !!!!!!!

To: jhs@agere.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BUILD SHEET !!!!!!!
From: MrZAG57@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:28:14 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2001 11:52:36 AM, jhs@agere.com writes:

<< Hi again;

In your build sheet, you didn't say anything about the exaust header, or did

I miss something?

May I ask about the cost of this baby?

                                                            Jeff >>

Great Question ! I used a Series II Exhaust header. We matched the ports of
the head to the throats of the header. We retained the 4 pipes down to the
first "Y" collector. We then used larger ( Can't remember, will check) pipes
down to a second collector.

Jarrid and I were discussing this this morning. Our thinking was the lead
pipe size would give us decent bottom end torque and the velocity of the air
columns would not be impinged at the larger "Y" collectors and thus allow the
higher end breathing. As with everything there are compromises. Since this is
NOT a drag engine but a road race engine, flatter torque curve was my goal
while having the 150bhp target.