Sunbeam Spotting

To: alpines@autox.team.net (alpines@autox.team.net)
Subject: Sunbeam Spotting
From: oaxacarob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:04:09 EDT
In Automobile Magazine, Sept. 2001, p.128
Article entitled: Noise, Vibration and Harshness
Mr. Jamie Kitam writes:

"While my friends were busy with the exploits of the Fantastic Four and
X-men, I'd studiously track the arbitraging possibilities in the
transatlantic market for Sunbeam Talbot 90s (so called, if I remember
correctly, because they took 90 seconds to reach 60 mph, at which point
they'd explode)."

The article concerns the authors' attempt to import (into the US via Canada)
a 1971 Alfa Romeo Montreal from Wales in the early '80s. Now that's funny.

Rob T