Re: C&D Alpine article and Imps

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C&D Alpine article and Imps
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:56:23 EDT
Clyde,
    The Alpine has a soft "boulevard-ride" suspension compared to a twin-cam
MGA, MGB, Healey or Triumph...let alone Lotus, TVR, Alfa, Porsche, Devin,
etc.    Originally, it was never expected to by a "sportscar" in the same
sense (similar to the Miata today) ...it just looks like one.
    Too bad Rootes was not aggressive marketing their Stage-Tuning kits.
Yes, they were available but who bought them?  I can give you the part number
for an Alpine positraction differential, yet I have seen only one, ever, in
over 25 years...
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club (since '76)    Seattle