Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:50:32 +1000
Tom

The Ford Taunus (German) and Granada (English) were front engine/rear wheel
drive, so these engines almost certainly were for RWD application. The V6 was
also used in the English/European Capri, also a RWD car.    I believe that Ford
offered a 5 speed in the Granada in the 1980's,
probably also in the Capri.  The website for the Capri club of Chicago

http://www.niagara.com/~bevc/ccc34.htm#EligV6

has some brief info on a 5 speed conversion for a 2.0 Capri, suggesting that a
gearbox from a 2.3 Mustang can be used.  This site

http://members.aol.com/danmas/Barry.htm

has details of a 2.8 V6 Triumph Spitfire conversion, also using a Mustang (Borg
Warner) 'box, only a 4 speed although owner talks of fitting a 5 speed.

Cheers

Vic