Provence Moulage Alpine problems

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Provence Moulage Alpine problems
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:44:00 -0700
I've been playing with my Provence Moulage Alpine.  I thought I'd put the
wheels, tires and axles on just to put it next to my Alpine conversion (AMT
version that I took off all that Tiger silly stuff).  But, when I went to
push the tires on the wire wheels, the tires cracked at what appears to be
a mold line.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Should I warm the
tires in warm water first or something?

Then, I slid the axles through and found they were too wide.

Then, I put one wheel into an axle and found that the wheel end was smaller
than the inside of the axle, such that it really doesn't fit.  Do I have
the wrong year axles or something?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jay