Boy What fun!!

To: alpines@autox.team.net, Tony Leeming <tleeming@island.net>
Subject: Boy What fun!!
From: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:15:28 -0700
Untill the last minute Friday afternoon, I wanted soooo bad to do the
Fife/Tacoma WA. Had my ser ll all shined and ols ,water checked and
decided to go. I called Arnie Taub of the ABFM.com told him via message
, the plan on the Orange One to be there. Jane and I got up around 5AM
,loaded up and took off for Tacom, We arrived at the Jaguar of Tacoma's
massive Jaguar display. What a real nice bunch of people there. At the
gathering we registared and grabed some coffee and fruit / donuts...
Some what listed to Arnie do the drivers/navigators instructions. Mind
you  this is the first real rallye wev'e been on so the instructions
only got thru to Jane. I was to busy looking around and talking . So
away we go ,but not untill I had to change shirt/ wash face,,,,never
open tthe water cap too quickly.
On the the first stop at South malll . A shopping center. about 10 miles
away and to re-set the odometer. Finally on the road. and Sat am on that
small two laner we went on for about six miles is not where you want to
be . Big period.The wife ( once we got away from that crowd ) kept
saying don't speed stay under the speed limit, I'm sayin we got to make
it up no nono mo She keeps hammerin. Well we made it to our first fuel
top off and what a stable of fine LBC's . At the station we were joined
by a beautiful Bently Solon  Severl real nice Jags, the Triumphs and a
very small Minor.
Well folks the run begins, I held up traffic for quite a while when
finally an old ford pickup towing a boat past me.. Then every one passed
me. I was being beat up on in the seat, by STAY slow. ....a beautiful
day ,a smooth running top off purring exaust pipe  AND  SLOW ! down. Up
and away from all the small towns and in to the mountains we circled up
and around MT. St. Helens were some took off up to Windy pass. ( been
there) got blown back down the hill and stoped at a real nice way side
for a picnic lunce The Bently had stopped a bit sooner than us and we
were joined by Dave and Teresia , one of my favorites, a nice specimen
of an E Type . we took off before they did and we had stopped for some
photo oportunity's , they went by being pushed by a Corvette and a TR.

What a nice day and we arrived ( even passed 7 yard sales,passed ) We
were saying "What would we do with an old moose head anyway?" Around 4PM
at the Hood River in at Hood River OR. Great place and very accomodating
for the group. some fifty or some cars and once lined up in the lot
what a site.
Dinner drinks and then the prize part . I recievd a 25 buck check for
Garrots catalogs' not bad eh? Already, I have picked out what I want to
get, a very nice set of thread savers. both fine and SAE 1/4" to 9/16" .
So on to the show. Arnie has prizes listed as Not Even Close, Kinda
Close, Close and Real Close,. I do believe that is the verbage.
Well boys and girls guess who has, Jane included a very nice wrist watch
for being Real Close.
You talk about dumfounded and a real nice surprise. when you have a
chance check out the ABFM.com web pages for pictures of the LBC's and my
bride.
I gotta go. But the next trip I'm going to take four shirts and ear
muffs for that cooler morning air.
Cheers
Chuck and Jane and That Orange Car